Tuesday, June 17, 2008

6/17/08: Five Week Check Up on the Meity Adventure

I can hardly believe it’s been 5 weeks already!!! We feel like we have so much we still want to see. So, in case you are wondering how we are feeling about this crazy RVing dream now that it’s been 5 weeks…as of right now, we are loving it.
It definitely took time to adjust to life in a small space, and as time has passed we have all gotten more flexible. And, I really miss my loving parents and our dear friends. But, rarely a day passes where I don’t thank God for the awesome opportunity He has given us. In fact, I often feel overwhelmed with gratitude at His gift to us. ("Every good and perfect gift comes from above..." James 1:17)
Even with its lumps and bumps I’m so thankful to be able to have this time to see and experience our country with my family. I see His creative handiwork in the diverse and magnificent natural wonders we’ve seen as well as His perfect plan in HIStory at various historical sites. Even when I’ve been lonely for friends He’s brought along old friends and even “new friends” to help fill my need for people.
One of my favorite ongoing lessons and continued wonders is how little one needs to live with to be comfortable. I moved out of almost 3100 sq.ft. into something like 250 sq.ft.; all six of us share a closet that is smaller than any Paul and I have ever shared, and guess what? It’s totally fine!!! Wow! Who knew?!

No comments: