Tuesday, July 15, 2008

7/15/08 A Water-ful Day

Little did I know that Wisconsin Dells is the water park mecca of the USA. They have the largest indoor and outdoor water parks in the US. And, I feel certain they have the largest number of water parks per capita in the world. I’m not sure how it happened, but somewhere along the line, someone (or more likely, many people) decided that this was a good spot for an inordinate amount of water parks, mini golf courses, restaurants, hotels, and all sorts of other ways to spend your money to entertain yourself. We were fortunate to get free tickets to a water park/amusement park by staying at the local KOA campground, so we indulged in a water park day like the bizillions of other people there. We arrived at opening time, 10am and stayed until 10:30 at night. You might think we must be a little water park deprived – and I’d agree that it seems that way. We had a blast! We also enjoyed the unlimited go-kart racing on three different tracks at the amusement park. I could let the speed car racer in me come out. :-)

1 comment:

Good Yarns said...

That looks so fun!!!!!
Free tickets for staying at the KOA sounds like a deal!!!