Thursday, July 3, 2008

7/3/08: A Patriotic 4th of July Celebration

We were up bright and early (as in 6:00 am) to get parking for the 3rd largest fireworks display in the country. This is one of those times a motor home comes in VERY handy. We didn’t mind being there early because we leisurely took our showers and ate breakfast after we got parked for the day. I don’t believe I’ve had a more patriotic 4th of July celebration, and I know we haven’t seen such a stunning display of fireworks!! This celebration was complete with 3 different fly-overs, a fabulous army band, a special appearance honoring the only living WW1 veteran (at 107 years old!), various performances, and speeches by Presidents Roosevelt and Lincoln. Then it was topped off with a fireworks show that was like the finales we’ve seen in the past, but for the whole, long, spectacular show. Who could ask for more? Truthfully, I couldn’t contain my squeals of delight at the fireworks show. I’m sure I had more fun than a kid in a candy store – we all did. We all agreed we would do that again in a heartbeat!!!











1 comment:

Good Yarns said...

Wow1!!! That looks so very fun and educational all at once...you can't get better than that!