Wednesday, May 14, 2008

5/14/08, p.m.: A Real Life Scene From the Movie, "RV"

Although we have yet to see the movie “RV,” I am sure there must be a scene just like this in it. It was something like 10:00 p.m. when we arrived for the first time at a camp site with full hook ups. After a full day of sightseeing and driving, we began our first class in RV hook-ups 101. Paul was trying to teach me and I was eager to learn. We opened the brand new sewer hose and I correctly connected it to the black tank (and, yes, it’s called a black tank for a reason!). Gloves on, check, sewer hose connected, check, O.K., open the valve to the black tank, check. You might guess the rest. For whatever reason the hose broke off from the plastic piece that connects it to the black tank. Whoosh!! And, double whoosh! I did the only thing a normal human being would do and ran like the wind. Paul was rather surprised in hindsight at what quick reflexes I had. Fortunately, Paul did the only thing a SMART human being would do and shut the black tank valve. I’m sure I don’t need to go into any details on this, but what a mess to clean up. Never again will I think a dirty diaper is a big deal!!

No comments: