Thursday, May 15, 2008

Are We Having Fun Yet? Or, What is Real Life Like in an RV?




Now I have a better idea of the answer to a question I often pondered when thinking ahead to an extended RV trip, “I wonder what it will be like living in a small – really small – space.” Well, I guess it’s a lot like living in a house, only now I’m well aware of every squabble and irritation between my children. So are they bikering more, or do I just notice it? In all fairness, they have been very short on sleep and long on driving. But all that aside, I’m ashamed to say I hear more of Paul and I in them then I care to own up to. Well, really, it’s a lot more of me than Paul I hear. Paul is so good natured and even-keeled – O.K., so why don’t my kids take after him instead? What’s up with that?!

Well, on the positive, we have plenty of opportunities to work on character – good, ‘ol character, sigh. :-)

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Look at that...Girls! Sitting still... sleeping even. I have never seen such a sight in a motor home.

And yes, it does make me cringe to hear my own tone of voice come from my children. Does it really sound so bad when I say it?