Saturday, June 14, 2008

6/14/08: Happy Fathers Day from the Top of the World!



Happy Father’s Day to both our dad’s and Paul! While we wish we could be with our dads, Paul said he couldn’t have spent a better Father’s Day.


Starting out at an elevation of 7,480 feet, we drove on the highest highway in North America, Trail Ridge Road, which topped out at 12,183 feet. I feel there are no words to describe how beautiful the views were. I think we stopped at every pullout and took way too many pictures that didn’t do its awesome beauty justice.



In two spots we were able to take short hikes to mountain peaks. Imagine a 12,000 foot mountain peak without all the work of hiking there! That definitely “rocks” in the Rockies…get it? (O.K., I know it was pretty bad, but I couldn’t resist). Well, needless to say, we were on top of the world – and we felt that way. In fact, I just HAD to serenade my family with the Carpenters’ song, I’m on the Top of the World (some of you may remember way back to the ‘70s). And, really, if I’d had a John Denver CD I would have HAD to play it, too.


Though the attached pictures are inadequate to show the vast splendor, I hope they will give at least a glimpse of it and sense of God’s magnificent creation.

No comments: