Sunday, September 14, 2008

9/14/08 The Big Apple

Big is for sure! I didn’t have to feel bad about not “exercising” as I got plenty of that in the 3 days walking around the BIG Apple. Walking around Time Square last night with our friend, Betsy, I wondered how so many people could be in one place! And, I feel pretty sure they have more brightly lit outdoor screens per square inch than anywhere in the world. It was fun getting a tour from a New Yorker. We also saw many of the cities highlights like Empire State Building, Macy’s – the largest dept. store in the world – 10 floors, 5th Ave. shopping, Toys R Us with an indoor ferris wheel, FAO Schwartz – even I had a lot of fun in that one, Eloise’s home – the Plaza Hotel (but we were a bit out of place inside there – and that’s an understatement), Central Park, Ground Zero, Rockefeller Center, St. Patrick’s Cathedral and St. Paul’s Chapel, Grand Central Station, and the UN tour (mind you, this is all over the course of 3 days including our visit to Ellis Island, and yes, I was tired after all this!)

No comments: