Monday, September 15, 2008

9/15/08 Hob-knobbing with Celebs…

Well, we aren’t exactly best friends with Regis and Kelly, but we sure had fun being part of the live audience today. By the way, Mom, did I make my National Television debut? Or…anyone else, did you see the girls and I on TV? This was a VERY early adventure for us. I had to wake the girls up at 4:40 am to travel on the subways to get there, get in line and WAIT for a long time for the chance to get standby tickets. The really amazing thing is that I told the girls there was a good chance we wouldn’t get to see it after all that, and I gave them the choice. They chose to go for it! You can imagine the praying we all did, hoping the Lord would work it out so we’d get the standby tickets! They let 20 standbys in and we were 19! I was so thankful that after all that the girls were able to get in – a gift from the Lord. But, later that day, C had bags under her eyes and sat or lay down every chance she had – poor honey. She said it was worth it, though. Thankfully the little R stayed with Paul or she would never have made it.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

You should've let us know! We would've watched for you. Now you're experience the kind of history and culture I can relate to! ;)