Thursday, September 18, 2008

9/18/08 The Liberty Medal

While in Philly, we discovered the Liberty Medal Ceremony was to be held with Mikhail Gorbachev as the recipient this year for his part in putting an end to the cold war and bringing increased liberties to the people. Former President Bush (senior) was to speak and present this honored medal. Not only did I want to see the ceremony, but I really wanted to take the kids as well. I was armed and ready with telephoto lens and binoculars! We found a good viewing spot and the kids all agreed they were glad they got to see it. But, God gave me an extra special gift. My dear hubby, was quick and loud when someone offered the watching crowd a free ticket they weren’t using. P was awarded this free ticket and very happily presented it to me. I was delighted to be able to get in so close. I’m sure no one took more pics and video than I (what can I say; I have been “camera happy” all my life).

No comments: