Sunday, May 11, 2008

“So Long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Goodbye”

This is the very saddest part of our journey so far. Three + months is a long time to go without seeing family or dear friends! And, even when we come back, our future is so tentative. God have given us the gift of loving parents, and many wonderful friends who we already miss as I write this. I know I can call and I will, but it isn’t the same as hanging out face to face, enjoying life together and watching our kids play together and grow in their friendships. I still feel the sting of those goodbyes very keenly. And, we feel the love of those in Thousand Oaks that honored us, loved on us and sent us off with a lovely Bon Voyage gathering and most of all with their love and prayers. Since our life has been a whirlwind these past couple months, there are many we weren’t able to say goodbye to face to face. I wish that could have been different. We will miss them all.

If any of you dear friends read this and want to link up with us on your vacation – call me!!!

No comments: